- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Canadian Employment Law: HR Solutions to Handle Local Complications
Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Don't be fooled by Canada's Proximity! Too many U.S.-based employers have committed significant and costly employment law mistakes regarding data protection, employee privacy, termination, and outsourcing, while doing business in Canada. You cannot afford to be one of them. Join us for this 60-minute webinar, where you and your staff will discover:
- Canadian employment law: What it means for your HR department
- Salary rules, termination & overtime regulations: How to get them right
- Solutions to bulletproof your handbook for the Canadian workforce
- Discrimination & harassment claims: Keys to minimize liability
Doing business in Canada: Top mistakes US companies must avoid
In this 60-minute Webinar, you and your colleagues will learn effective solutions to correctly handle Canadian employment law, minimizing liability and painful mistakes.
- Canadian Employment Law: Critical Issues for Your HR Department
- USA vs. Canada: How to minimize your HR compliance challenges
- Privacy laws & other boundaries: Solutions to avoid liability
- Hiring in Canada: Key steps for a safer process
- HR Legal Do's & Don'ts for Canada: Keys to Be Protected Abroad
- Canadian wage & hour laws: Know the difference, avoid mistakes
- Pre-employment checks & testing: How to do it right
- Termination & data protection: Straightforward answers to HR nightmares
- Enforce Your HR Policies for Canada: Be Prepared, Avoid Liability
- Best solutions to bulletproof your Canadian handbook
- Discrimination & harassment updates: How to be compliant
- Recent court decisions: Solutions to keep your policies up-to-date
- Live question & answer session - Have your specific Canadian Employment Law questions answered!
Mary Beth Currie, partner with Bennett Jones LLP, based in Toronto Canada. Co-leader of the firm's employment services practice, Mary Beth represents management clients.
- She regularly provides advice about general employment, corporate mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, employee outsourcings, occupational health and safety, workers' compensation, human rights, employment standards, privacy, pay equity, and wrongful dismissal.
- Mary Beth is listed in Best Lawyers in Canada in the specialities of labour and employment law and workers' compensation (health and safety). She also appears annually in The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, a guide to the leading law firms and practitioners in Canada as a leading lawyer in the areas of occupational health and safety and as a lawyer who is repeatedly requested for workers' compensation matters.
This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.