- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Electronic Record Retention for Nonprofits: What to Save, What to Purge Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Today nonprofit organizations rely less on paper and more on electronic transactions which presents a new set of unique and challenging issues for your records retention policy. If I scan a document, can I shred the original? How do I handle emails? What about Facebook messages? Join us for a 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Keys to developing a record retention policy for your nonprofit
- Scanned documents: Keeping originals, electronic, or both?
Obligations for computerized files, websites and emails
Electronic records program best practices for compliance
- Sample language for particular clauses in a record retention policy
This practical, 60-minute webinar will provide you and your colleagues with the latest information on critical electronic record retention issues and practical tips for developing a workable record retention policy for your nonprofit organization.
- Nonprofit Records Management - Keys To Create & Implement a Strong Program
- What is the impact of e-discovery on records retention?
- Key differences of paper & electronic records for purpose of retention
- Legal requirements for record retention - what nonprofits are required to do
- Drafting Policies for Electronic Record Retention & Destruction
- Guidelines for retention of emails & other electronic messages
- Which emails need to be kept and for how long?
- Keys to address Facebook & other social networking communications
- Ways to handle text, voicemail & "smart phone" message records
- Customizing a Compliant Record Retention Program for Your Organization
- Practical tips to sell the policy to stakeholders in your organization
- Ways technology is making record retention easier for you
- Best practices - sample policies & language from other nonprofits
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific document retention policy questions answered
Benjamin Wright With 25 years in private law practice, he has advised many organizations, large and small, private sector and public sector, on privacy, computer security, records management and e-mail discovery.
- Mr. Wright is a frequent speaker at industry conferences and professional meetings, and is the author of several technology law books, including "Business Law and Computer Security" published by the SANS Institute. He has been quoted in publications around the globe, from the Wall Street Journal to the Sydney Morning Herald.
- In 2010 Russian banking authorities tapped Mr. Wright for advice on the law of e-records, technology and electronic payments.
- Benjamin maintains a popular blog at http://legal-beagle.typepad.com
Full participation in this program is applicable for 1 points in Category 1.B - Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.