- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Engage Students, Boost Participation: How to Bring Wikis into the Classroom Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Wikis provide communication outlets for students by allowing for online discussion and enhancing educators' lessons and assignments. Whether you are new to Wikis or looking to boost engagement from your class pages, how can you create and utilize Wikis to enhance your school's learning environment? Join us for a 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
- How to use Wikis in the classroom as a collaborative tool for group work
- Solutions to start your wiki page & what to include to engage students
- Discussion-starters, thought-provokers, & tips writing engaging material
- Innovative ways to use wikis in a variety of disciplines & lesson plans
This practical, 60-minute webinar will provide you and your colleagues with essential tools to design and create an effective class Wiki to build a collaborative learning environment.
- Enhance Classroom Experience & Engage Students through Wikis
- Assignments, class encyclopedias: Strategies to encourage students to post
- Introducing wikis in the classroom: Sample group projects & instruction
- How educators can use Wikis as a discussion board and idea generator
- Content Best Practices for Your Class/School Wiki: Techniques for Educators
- How to edit Wiki posts so that they generate discussion
- Tips to integrate wikis into traditional or blended courses
How to monitor student posts for both accuracy and appropriateness
- Implementing School Multimedia, Videos, PowerPoints, & Spreadsheets
- Tools to incorporate videos, pictures, and links as discussion catalysts
- How to teach making quality edits to Wikipedia, the largest Wiki
- What's working in Wikis? Tips to designing wiki activities for your class
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific Wiki and classroom engagement questions answered.
A parent of two middle school aged children, Will Richardson has been thinking and writing about the intersection of social online learning networks and education for the past 10 years at Weblogg-ed.com and in numerous journals and magazines such as Ed Leadership, Education Week and English Journal, and most recently at willrichardson.com. He is an outspoken advocate for change in schools and classrooms in the context of the diverse new learning opportunities that the Web and other technologies now offer. He is a former public school educator for 22 years. Over the past six years, he has spoken to tens of thousands of educators in over a dozen countries about the merits of online learning networks for personal and professional growth. Will lives in rural New Jersey with his wife Wendy and his children Tess and Tucker.
- Will has written 3 books: his first book, Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms (Corwin Press, 3rd Edition 2010) has sold over 80,000 copies and has impacted classroom practice around the world. His second book, Personal Learning Networks: Using the Power of Connections to Transform Education, (Solution Tree) was released in May, 2011. His third book, a collection of blog posts titled Learning on the Blog, was published in August of 2011 by Corwin Press.
- Mr. Richardson is a co-founder of Powerful Learning Practice (plpnetwork.com), a unique professional development program that has mentored over 3,000 teachers worldwide in the last three years.
- He is a national advisory board member of the George Lucas Education Foundation, and a regular columnist for District Administration Magazine.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.