- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Using Excel Dashboards: Effective Solutions for CFOs and Finance Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Despite being visually appealing, financial dashboards often lack the key components that make them useful to CEOs, managers, business owners, consultants, and board members. How can you create dashboards that transform your raw data into readable figures that are as clear and clean as those in the Wall Street Journal and other business publications? Join us for a 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover ways to:
- Communicate more info, more accurately and more quickly
- Determine which patterns are important & worth charting
- Direct your audience's attention to the most important data patterns
- Use Excel tools that make "magazine-quality" charts & dashboards possible
- Set up the "plumbing" that allows data to flow easily to Excel dashboards
- Bonus: Excel template provided to get you started today!
This practical 60-minute, webinar will provide you and your colleagues with the most effective strategies to create financial dashboards showing patterns that are most relevant to all managers, including your CEO.
- Ways to Use Excel Dashboards to Improve Business Performance
- Ways to make dashboards quick and easy to read
- Excel tips & tricks to tailor your dashboard to a specific group of users
- Strategies to find the problem areas your CEO might need to know
- Where macros are typically used but not necessary
- How to Represent a Complete Picture of Business Performance
- What charts & data layouts are easiest to read...and WHY
- How to set up your dashboard so modifications are painless
- Ways to find "meaning" in your data
- Excel template provided to start making superior charts
- Enhance Dashboard Quality That Rivals the WSJ & Other Publications
- Secrets that make business charts look "magazine-quality"
- Which patterns executives need to see graphically, which they don't and WHY
- What size & style of charts are best for different types of data
- Live Q&A Session - Have your specific Excel and financial dashboard questions answered
Charley Kyd is the founder of ExcelUser.com, the leading web site about the business use of Microsoft Excel. He's a Microsoft Excel MVP, and has been using Excel since it was first beta-tested on the PC. He has worked as a CFO in multiple businesses and knows what executives look for from financial dashboards. He created the first spreadsheet dashboards in 1990 and is a sought after speaker and consultant.
- Mr. Kyd's customers include Excel users working in both small companies and the ten largest companies in the world, as well as all of the Dow 30 companies, in the five largest accounting firms in the US, and in the four largest broadcasting networks.
- He has written several books about spreadsheets for major publishers and two similar books about Excel for Microsoft Press, and one book about programming Excel for Microsoft Press. He's published nearly 50 articles and columns in national magazines, including Inc, Management Accounting, Lotus, Byte, PC World, Business Software, and Business Performance Management. He also wrote a book about financial management with Lotus 1-2-3.
- Charley's Excel e-books and spreadsheet templates are used in more than half the countries in the world. His customers include Excel users working in many small companies, and in the ten largest companies in the world, in all of the Dow 30 companies, in the five largest accounting firms in the US, and in the four largest broadcasting networks.
This program is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Prerequisites: Basic skill level required
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: No prerequisites
Credit Awarded: 1 CPE Credit (50 minutes)
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.