- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Unclaimed Property Compliance: Keys to Escheatment Reporting Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Unclaimed property is a looming liability for businesses due to the rapidly changing escheatment laws. Collections are at an all-time high as many states are hiring third-party, contingency-based auditors. Failing to comply with property laws can cause your company to incur penalties and interest and even lead to possible criminal liability. Join us for this live, 60-minute webinar to hear unclaimed property expert, Tracey Reid, discuss:
- Reporting unclaimed property: Latest procedures you must follow
- Dormancy period & priority requirements: What must you report and when?
- Identifying unclaimed property: Spot what's hidden in your books & records
- State escheatment guidelines: A comprehensive overview by state
In this jam-packed, 60-minute webinar you will discover everything you need to know about unclaimed property reporting and legislative updates to help your company remove any potential red flags that would be found in an audit.
- How to Identify Unclaimed & Abandoned Property: Stay in Compliance
- Classifying unclaimed property: What falls under this category
- How to handle uncashed checks, credit balances, & gift cards
- Key property types & exemptions: Assets, liability, and owner's equity
- Reporting Unclaimed Property: Obligations and Accountability
- When & where to report unclaimed property: Make sense of varying rules
- What records should you keep and for how long?
- How & when to request amnesty or file a Voluntary Disclosure Agreement
- Latest Escheatment Guidelines: Requirements for Unclaimed Property in 2013
- When and where to report unclaimed property - state rules
- Strategies to comply with latest state and industry legislation
- Creating a due diligence program: How to minimize liability
- Ways to streamline your policies and procedures
- Question & Answer Session - Have your specific unclaimed property questions answered!
Tracey L. Reid, J.D., L.L.M, is President of Reid Unclaimed Property Services LLC (RUPS), a national Unclaimed Property consulting company. RUPS has helped businesses of all sizes become compliant with state unclaimed property laws since 2002.
- Ms. Reid has been assisting businesses across the nation with voluntary compliance negotiations,
audit defense, and training about unclaimed property compliance requirements for over a decade.
- Ms. Reid specializes in defending unclaimed property audits and conducting unclaimed property
compliance reviews designed to assess exposure, potential savings opportunities, and compliance process improvements.
- Tracey is a frequent speaker across the country in the area of unclaimed property and is also the author of the book
'Unclaimed Property: A Reporting Process and Audit Survival Guide' (John Wiley & Sons, 2009). She has also penned
several articles, including "A Slow Leak: Are Your AP Department Profits Ending up in State Unclaimed Property Offices?"
which was featured in AP Journal Online.
- Ms. Reid has also been featured in the Association of Financial Professionals Exchange magazine,
AP Now and Tomorrow, and on the NPR Radio Program "Money Matters". She was also the 2012 President
of the Unclaimed Property Professionals Organization and is a member of the Unclaimed Property Subcommittee
of the American Bar Association's Business Tax Division.
- Ms. Reid is a member of the Ohio and Florida Bar Associations and is a graduate of the University of Miami School
of Law with a Legal Masters in Taxation. She also earned a J.D. degree from the Salmon P. Chase College of Law at
Northern Kentucky University, as well as a B.A. degree in history from Thomas Moore College.
- Tracey Reid can be reached at (614) 804-8486 or at email@example.com For more information on Ms. Reid and RUPS,
please go to www.reidunclaimed.com
This program is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Prerequisites: Basic skill level required
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: No prerequisites
Credit Awarded: 1 CPE Credit (50 minutes)
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.