- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Major Changes to FERPA Take Effect: Is Your School in Compliance? Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
The U.S. Department of Education made significant changes to the FERPA regulations. What were these changes and how will these changes impact policy, procedure, and student services delivery at your school? What actions must you take now to ensure total compliance? Join us for a 60-minute audio conference where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Major Changes to FERPA- What are They & Why were they implemented?
- Steps You Must Take to Ensure Compliance & Protect Student Privacy
- When and How the New Regulations Apply to Your School
- Specific Policy Changes You Must Make in Light of these New Changes
This practical 60-minute, audio conference will provide advanced instruction for administrators responsible for the compilation, custody, and disclosure of information from student records under the new FERA regulations.
- New FERPA Regs Take Effect: How the Changes Impact Schools Today
- Why changes have been made & how they will benefit your school
- Sticky exceptions & complicated FERPA issues you must know
- Investigation of FERPA Violations- what to do to be prepared
- Key FERPA Changes Regarding the Annual Notification
- What definitions and disclosure requirements have been affected?
- Changes to "personally identifiable information" you must know
- What is the impact on disclosures of ongoing information sharing?
- Policy & Procedures affected by FERPA Changes
- What you must know about verifications & social security numbers
- Restrictions on Directory Information-what you can share with who
- Disclosure policy changes you must implement now
- Student Health & Safety Risks-With whom you can and cannot disclose
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific FERPA questions answered
Clifford A. Ramirez is widely respected as a FERPA expert, writer, trainer, consultant, and higher education leader. He is the president and founder of Cliff Ramirez & Associates, a higher education training and consulting company. His expertise covers FERPA, student privacy, registrar and student services, leadership and organizational development, and records management.
- In 2002, Cliff created Managing the Privacy of Student Records, a highly successful FERPA workshop that led to the release of a number of books and training products through LRP Publications. Cliff's newest book, FERPA: Clear and Simple, is scheduled for release through Jossey-Bass in Fall 2009.
- Cliff currently serves as the FERPA expert for College Parents of America and has been a contributor to publications and forums of the Council on Law in Higher Education (CLHE). He is active in both the American and Pacific Associations of Collegiate Registrars & Admissions Officers, serving as PACRAO president in 2003. Cliff is the founder of three prestigious institutes, including the UC Management & Leadership Conference (UCML).
- A graduate cum laude of the University of Notre Dame, Cliff attended the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, while studying for the Roman Catholic priesthood. He has worked for UCLA, Antioch University, and Bank of America. He is currently the Associate Registrar at Pomona College in Claremont, CA.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.