- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Fair Use, Trademarks, & Copyrights: Legal Guidelines for Educators Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Every time a teacher shows their class a rented video, the local drug store sells knock-off sweatshirts bearing your school logo, or the drama department presents a play without permission from the playwright your school risks liability & legal ramifications. When it comes to using copyrighted works, registered trademarks, and intellectual property for educational purposes do you know what you can and can't use? Join us for a 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Fair use, trademarks, & copyrights: legal do's & don'ts for educators
- Personal and school liability issues you need to know
When & how educators can use music, movies, photos and more
Tips for drafting school policies that comply with the law
This practical, 60-minute webinar will provide you and your colleagues with legal guidelines for school use of copyrighted works, trademarks, and intellectual property.
- Fair Use & Copyrighted Works: Avoid common & frequent violations
- Fair Use determinations- What you can & can't use without permission
- Specific examples of how & when you can use music & movies
Copying & distributing course materials- how to avoid common errors
- Proven Best Practices for Preventing Personal & School Liability
- The T.E.A.C.H. Act, and other exemptions: What you need to know
Keys to obtaining rights to use content when licenses are mandatory
- Creating & policing school trademarks - mascots, logos, & more
Downloading materials from the internet- Essential precautions to take
- Guidelines for Creating Policies that Protect Your School
- The latest legal & policy developments affecting k-12 schools
- Evaluating & updating existing school policies & guidelines
- What copyright compliance means to your school
- Specific examples of when permission is - and is not - required
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific questions answered by our expert speaker.
Leslie Robert Stellman is the leader of the education and employment practice group of Maryland's largest school law firm, Hodes, Pessin & Katz, P.A.
- For over 33 years Mr. Stellman has represented boards of education, as well as private and charter schools and institutions of higher education, in all aspects of school law, including teacher terminations, student rights, religious and disability accommodation, copyright and trademark issues, special education, purchasing and procurement, collective bargaining, and employment discrimination.
- He is co-author with Lou Fischer and David Schimmel of the 6th and 7th editions of Teachers and the Law and co-author with David Schimmel of School Law: What Every Educator Should Know, as well as numerous articles and lectures on topics relating to public education. He is a member of the faculty of the School of Education at the Johns Hopkins University, as well as the Baltimore University School of Law, where he teaches education law, and has taught higher education law to students in the Morgan State University graduate program in community college leadership.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.