- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Facebook in the Classroom: Connect With Students; Maintain Boundaries Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
The popularity of Facebook with today's students presents a considerable opportunity for educators to use the social media giant for educational purposes. How can you successfully integrate Facebook into your classroom activities and still maintain appropriate boundaries between students and teachers? Join us for a 60 minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Using Facebook to engage students in social learning & collaboration
- Issues to consider when using Facebook in the classroom
- Keys to lesson planning for Facebook- What is & isn't working
- Ways to connect with students and maintain privacy
This practical 60-minute, webinar will provide you and your colleagues with the basics of engaging students through the use of Facebook.
- Facebook in the Classrooom: Issues & Considerations for Educators
- How to protect the privacy of both students & faculty
- What to can communicate on Facebook & what to discuss in person
How to keep your Facebook page appropriate for your students
Serious pitfalls to avoid when using Facebook with your students
- Teaching with Facebook: Tools, Tips & Tricks to Connect with Students
- Discover differences between profiles, groups, pages & applications
Fans vs. Friends - What they are and why it matters
How to connect with students in a way they will appreciate
- Boost Learning in Your Classroom: How Facebook Can Help Your Students
- Tips to creating multiple profiles & how to manage them
- Strategies for implementing class activities using Facebook
- Steps for sharing links, photos, video with your students
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific Facebook questions answered by our expert speaker.
Jason Rhode, Ph.D., is the Assistant Director of the Faculty Development and Instructional Design Center at Northern Illinois University. As an experienced online instructor, instructional designer, course developer, and program director, Jason is responsible for developing and offering training programs and support for faculty and staff on teaching with technology and related topics in addition to providing leadership on technology-related issues.
- With over a decade of experience in the field of online learning, Jason has spent the past 6 years working closely with various units at NIU on addressing faculty needs related to online teaching. He has designed and taught dozens of online and blended courses utilizing social networking tools and he shares his expertise with others interested in incorporating social learning approaches in teaching.
- Jason currently designs and teaches online and blended courses in educational technology and instructional design and is a sought after conference speaker, instructor, and online learning consultant.
- He is member of the Midwest Blackboard User's Group (SLATE), Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT), Illinois Association for Educational Communications and Technology (IAECT), International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), and the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA).
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.