- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Document Retention for Nonprofits: Policy Guidelines You Need to Know Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act specifically includes nonprofit organizations in the document destruction and retaliation against whistleblowers provisions. In addition, the new IRS Form 990 requires you to disclose whether or not your nonprofit has a records retention policy. How can you be sure your records management policies are compliant and meet the provisions of the law? Join us for a 60-minute webinar where you will discover:
- What are the record requirements under Sarbanes-Oxley & the law?
- How do record retention requirements affect electronically stored information?
- Retention guidelines for different types of documents
- Criminal and civil implications of improper record destruction
- Tips to develop a records management policy for your organization
In this practical, 60-minute, audio conference, two leading attorneys will provide you and your colleagues with the latest information on practical tips for developing workable document retention and destruction policies that can be tailored to your nonprofit organization's size, mission and budget.
- Nonprofit Record Keeping - What is Required Under the Law?
- How long should you retain employee records?
- What are the record keeping requirements for other organization documents?
Risks of not properly managing your records under Sarbanes-Oxley?
- How does IRS Form 990 impact your record keeping policies?
- Drafting Policies for Electronic Record Retention & Destruction
- What are your obligations for computerized files, websites, and emails?
- Are you prepared for a disaster? Tips to maintain business continuity
- How to minimize record storage data?
- Customizing a Compliant Record Retention Program for Your Organization
- Keys to develop a practical document retention policy for your nonprofit
How often should your nonprofit's program be audited to ensure compliance?
- Tips and valuable resources to use when establishing your document policy
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific document retention policy questions answered
Howard R. Feldman is a partner with Whiteford Taylor Preston LLP and a Certified Public Accountant.
- Mr. Feldman's areas of practice include nonprofit, technology and intellectual property, litigation, business litigation, life sciences and business reorganization and bankruptcy.
- Howard currently serves as the chair of Whiteford, Taylor & Preston's Technology Committee and is a member of the Maryland State Bar Association, District of Columbia Bar Association, Bar Association of Baltimore City and Bar Association of Baltimore City Judicial Appointments Committee.
- Mr. Feldman regularly advises clients in developing records management policies for their organization and is a frequent author and speaker on legal issues.
- Howard received his BS degree from the University of Maryland and his J.D. cum laude from University of Baltimore School of Law.
Joseph L. Morales is an associate with Whiteford Taylor Preston LLP.
- Mr. Morales has assisted several companies both for profit and non-profits develop sound records management policies.
- Mr. Morales is a member of the Maryland State Bar Association and American Bar Association.
- Mr. Morales is an author and frequent speaker on legal issues.
- Joe received his B.S. from the University of Maryland-Baltimore County and his J.D. magna cum laude from University of Baltimore School of Law.
Full participation in this program is applicable for 1 points in Category 1.B - Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.